Thursday, February 12, 2009

I had this dream last night. That Roald's gravestone was installed and that it was...WRONG. It was long vertically, but still the flat or flush stone. It was huge, about the length of his grave. Then it said ROALD WALLECE LIGHTNER (should be Wallace) and it was this black stone instead of the grey granite we ordered. And the Precious Moments boy angel was not on it. I was SO MAD.

I am becoming impatient about this stone. It is nice to have something to "look forward to" concerning Roald. So I guess maybe once it IS here, it will be sort of sad. I don't think I ever would have thought I would be "happy" about a gravestone for a baby. I am a little worried, though. Since Roald is no longer on the end of his row, there is a baby grave on each side of his. The boy to the left has gotten his gravestone in and it pretty much takes up the width of his grave. I'd say his stone is about 16" x 18". Now that Allie is buried to the right of Roald...well, we're kind of pressed for space. There is plenty of space to decorate and whatnot. But we ordered a 20" x 24" stone. I originally planned on a 16" x 18", but then the lady told me we couldn't have his full name, date and WE LOVE YOU as well as the carved picture. So we had to go with 20 x 24. I just REALLY hope they fit it in there. If they asked me if they could move him...Ugh, that will be so painful. And obviously they can't move Trent or Allie nor would I want them to. *sighs*

I really hope they install it soon, though. The weather has been perfect for them to do something like that and ALL of the snow is gone. It's kind of freaky to walk outside now and see NO snow. I'm going to the graveyard today. First time in almost 3 weeks again. I hate the waits. I wish I could go every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment